T H E E L E V E N T H H O U R .

Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
(Gifted The Eleventh Hour top, vintage grey maxi skirt, vintage faux fur shawl)

Oh how there is nothing i love more than wearing a pretty outfit in a pretty field. Natural scenery, a slight breeze, and a setting sun is always the best (and free) accessories you could have to compliment any outfit. I received this beautiful top from the new Australian label 'The Eleventh Hour' with a hand written letter from the designer herself, Anne. The pleating detail on the shoulders is just amazing and it honestly makes me feel like i have wings. Something so delicate deserves a shoot of it's own in my favourite meadow just down the road. Add a faux fur shawl to keep me warm once the light disappears and the chills arrive, some dandelions, and the best boyfriend in the world and it quickly turns into one of the loveliest afternoons i've had in ages. Like all good things, afternoons like this can't be planned, they just happen, and it's impossible to try and measure the fun you're having when you're there in the moment experiencing it first hand.
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
I've received a few emails this week asking how i get this light effect on all of my photos and what program i use. I edit all of my photos in photoshop and usually just play with the shadows to make them lighter, but this whimsical effect is mainly from shooting in natural light at a certain time of day. So if you're after this effect i would highly suggest shooting in the late afternoon when the sun isn't directly above you, which creates harsh shadows across your face etc. Luke and i absolutely love shooting in natural light and the results are something that can't be achieved in photoshop, especially the warm golden tones when you shoot just on sunset. Plus it's a wonderful reason to get out of the house after work, miss the news, and cut yourself off from the world for an hour or so and escape into your own. It's healthy for the body and mind and i find it incredibly soothing. It makes me realise how many beautiful sunsets i've missed in my lifetime when i'm just sitting inside working, replying to emails, or doing god knows what else i do when it's 7:00pm!? Actually, i was more than likely watching Masterchef now that i think about it? How I wish i could spend every afternoon like this with Luke.
Photobucket
Photobucket
A very big thank you to Anne from 'The Eleventh Hour' for inspiring this entire post, for the beautiful gift, and for dragging me away from my work and getting me out of the house. It's always easier for me to write so freely and openly when i'm feeling inspired by someone or something and i feel like i'm bursting with love at the moment - so thank you.

I'll be going to 'The Eleventh Hour' opening night of their pop up store in Sydney tomorrow night where Anne will be debuting her new collection. If any of you are around please come along, it would be lovely to meet you!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Free fashion articles T H E E L E V E N T H H O U R . © 2011